Ten things I learned from watching Fast & Furious 6 (some minor spoilers follow):
1. There is no problem that cannot be solved by driving fast and punching hard.
2. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson abides by a philosophy succinctly summarized as “ABF,” or “Always Be Flexing.”
3. The “Fast & Furious” franchise is the United States’ answer to England’s James Bond: a seemingly immortal, ridiculous action franchise that crystallizes the stereotypical values of its country of origin.
4. Cool female characters more interesting than the rest of the cast are rendered completely inconsequential when dead.
5. According to the unique Physical Laws of Diesel, the older Vin gets, the more mass his neck accumulates.
6. The aforementioned Rock is a walking Predator drone, authorized by his fists to operate anywhere in the world with impunity.
7. No matter the circumstances, Paul Walker’s expression is forever frozen in time.
8. If you think the film is at any moment as absurd as it can be, just wait a second.
9. Everyone with a British accent is evil.
10. Nothing says “America” more than a film that in its closing moments gathers a multi-ethnic collection of freedom loving, golden-hearted outlaws around a dinner table to join hands and say “Grace.”